Thursday 4 August 2011

Jigsaw

TUESDAY, 20 NOVEMBER 2007

I was part of a jigsaw
Discarded by time

Part of a picture
Faded even in my mind

The paper picture
Peeled

The wood pieces
Dispersed

The sharp corners
I once had

Jagged
Faded and
Charred

The carved edges
I once had

Bent
Misshapen
To fit

The face
I once had

Crayoned over
Appropriately

Ultimately
Placed
Where I belong

A bag of spare pieces
A box of odds and ends
A bunch of bits and pieces

From all the games
And puzzles
That life
Left behind
POSTED BY 3EERAQIMEDIC AT 00:34 5 COMMENTS

saminkie said...
I saved this poem in my mobile phone to read it again and again....look 3eeraqimedic.. I do not like poems too much but I will tell you some truth....I did not like your previous poems...I read them but...did not like to think about them more...but this one....Jigsaw....it is really a poem that nead to be read in slow...spelling every word slowly...and i will do that tonight and comment again....3eeraqimedic...you are a poet now in my mind....
02 December 2007 14:53

3eeraqimedic said...
Dear Sami
Syria has clearly disoriented you!
This is not poetry, it is a paragraph of words with anything extra deleted, leaving a telegraph (or for your generation a text message)the minimum sufficient to convey the meaning, or remind me of the feeling
03 December 2007 05:52

saminkie said...
Dear 3eeraqimedic, so your paragraph of words was so briliant...I liked it and it also remembered me of the piecful days we lived in our childhood me and my siter playing the Jigsaw...am not more in Syria 3eeraqimedic...am back to iraq waiting the visa to visit my familly...am a piece of jigsaw too...thanks for your nice posts..
03 December 2007 14:41

3eeraqimedic said...
Dear Sami
Hope you do not have to wait too long
I am glad you liked this piece, and I guess we are all part of a jigsaw, I hope you do not lose the other pieces.
03 December 2007 22:12

saminkie said...
3eeraqimedic you talked in one of your answers to one of my comments about psychoanalysis...and believe me..this what you call A PARAGRAPH OF WORD, and i still think its a poem, is the best material that a real psychoanalyst can go beyond symbols and start his/her analysis...it is word with open ends..with diverging meaning...it is so so nice and clever...and believe me 3eeraqimedic if you wrote it in a paper then show it to someone who loves poems and ask him this way: " I read this poem of papbl neroda (or octavio path or anyone) and did not understant what he means...please what he mean do you think?" and you will laugh really laugh on their answer.....hehehe...sorry to be silly...
04 December 2007 14:51

No comments:

Post a Comment