Wednesday 11 June 2014

I can't be bothered

Silence for twelve months
Homes and hospitals bombed
Thousands of "inferiors" in Falouja dead

Then within three days
Mosul, Tikrit, and Kirkuk have changed hands and now

The whole world is talking

If I had time or the inclination I would research the timeline between Russian occupation and Taliban takeover and compare to the timeline between American occupation and multi militia takeover, but
I can't be bothered

If I had the time or the inclination I would research the history of the disintegration of Somalia to predict how old I will be when I see that version in Iraq, but I can't be bothered

If I had the time or the inclination I would respond to the accusations of treason being made against people who "place their trust in a religion or a sect over the land and country" with my first thoughts....I couldn't agree more...if only you had thought of that in 1991, in 2000, in 2002....., but it is too late and I can't be bothered


No comments:

Post a Comment